FROM THE MANAGER’S DESK
By: Terri Passaro, General Manager
I have a list of a few topics I would like to bring up. These items may not pertain to everyone. If they do then please follow the guidance of the topic; if they do not, then thank you for taking the
time to read my little section of the Toppings. I am an active manager and take pride in my work. To me my work is my signature and who I am. If my community looks good and I have happy residents, then I have done my job well. This means it will take everyone doing their part and making your home visually pleasing and following the rules of the community. It will also take everyone working together to help your neighbors. Together we can and will make a difference. Have a great October.
We have a position available that may be perfect for someone in this community. This position is for a meter reader. You would be required to do alot of bending and reading of all the water meters in the entire community once a month. The past reader took approximately 21 to 25 hours to read per month. If you are interested in this position please call me Terri at 813-689-9423. Thank you
· Pool Rules
1. Just a few items to review. Please do not smoke in the pool area unless you are in the designated smoking area. On that same note please make sure your cigarette butts make it to the dispensers.
2. Please make sure your guests are wearing their wrist bands. Without them they are in violation of our rules. Remember even guests must follow our rules while visiting. Also if your guest is under the age of 18 they must be accompanied by a resident while in the pool area.
3. In order to keep the pool area looking good for all of our residents please place all furniture back in its rightful place when you are done with it.
· If you are wanting to add or remove to improve your outside lot or home, please take the time and call the office first. We do have some rules in place to protect the community and county require-ments / laws, that need to be followed by all residents. It is in your rules and regulations if you need a further description. When in doubt call the office we will tell you what to do next. Thank you
·30 day community clean up. Before I do an all community inspection, I like to give my residents time to do the necessary clean up in advance. Starting October 1st and ending October 31st, I ask that all residents look at your house for the following, power washing the outside of the home, removal of all carport clutter, weeds growing in gutters, painting fading on home or shutters (this also could include driveway restaining if it is needed), re-mulch if faded, weed flower beds, plant flowers and freshen up flower beds, trim trees (if needed), paint light post if faded. Stand out on the road if your home doesn’t look like the rest of the neighborhood, then your home may need some love. Over the next few months we will be working on the common areas while you all do your part, we will be doing ours. By the time we are done, we should all be proud of our community. In advance thank you!
· Please pick up after your pets. Please keep in mind your pet is your responsibility. We all know we love our pets, but it is also a mobile home owner’s general obligation to clean up after them. I will be sending out violation letters in regard to this issue. This is a clear violation of our Rules and Regulations Section 18. Thank you in advance for complying to this rule.
I think that just about does it. For the most part my newsletter ads are short and sweet. But being new here in this community I had more to say this time. Thank you all for your time and remember to love your community.